- We require the non-refundable, cleared booking fee before beginning work.
- Payments must be paid as per the deadlines given in contract. The final payments are due based on when the project goes live, or when the project is completed; whichever comes first.
- If a project is complete but hasn’t gone live due to reasons beyond our control we reserve the right to invoice for the full project amount. Examples of situations where this might be enforced:
- We have completed the website build but you haven’t supplied the website content.
- You haven’t completed user acceptance testing and provided feedback within the agreed time frame
- We reserve the right to invoice for the full project amount if we haven’t heard from you for 5 days.
- We do not offer any form of credit.
- All payments are non-refundable and required even if deliverables are not used by client.
- We reserve the right to charge interest on overdue invoices using The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 on all late payments.
- We cannot be held responsible for missing deadlines if you have failed to meet your deadlines.
- You agree to provide us with everything that we need to complete the project, including text, images and other information, as and when we need it and in the format that we ask for.
- You also agree to review the work, provide feedback, and sign things off in a timely manner.
- If a stage in the project is at risk of causing the project to run over time or budget, we will advise you of this. In this scenario, you will have the option to move onto the next stage of the project, or extend the project budget or timescales.
- Our hours of service are Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm (UK time), excluding publicly recognised UK holidays and any other excluded dates provided specifically to you.
- Most communication on a project, once started, will relate to requests for assets or queries regarding the project, and therefore should be kept via written communications (ideally using our project collaboration tool, Teamwork, or by email at the least) to ensure both parties have access to a written record of all communications.
- While we would love to keep you updated regularly throughout a project, to keep your costs down and to allow us to focus on the project itself, we will only contact you during a project when:
- We have queries or a request for assets,
- We are approaching a deadline, and therefore need to send you information and your next steps to keep the project progressing smoothly.
- We endeavour to respond to all communication within 1 working day, however in some circumstances this may not be possible.
- If a change or addition to the work described in your contract is required, you must provide notice, including a detailed description in writing (preferably by email) of the proposed change(s).
- Upon receipt of such notice, we will provide a response explaining:
- Additional cost and schedule for the changes; or
- Reason for refusal
- Once a deliverable has been signed off or approved, any further requests for change or addition will be considered a change request.
- We are under no obligation to accept any change in scope from this contract and any additions or changes will be carried out at our discretion
- These would be limited to travel, sustenance whilst travelling and accommodation; charged at cost and pre-agreed with you.
- We will always maintain the confidentiality of any information that you provide.
- However, there may be times where discussing parts of this information with a third party is beneficial to your project. In these instances, we will let you know before this happens, and you reserve the right to let us know if you don’t want the said information to be shared with a third party.
7. Attribution of Work
- We retain the right to publicly display this project on our website as an example of work we have done, as well as promote the project details both online and offline.
- In the footer of each page, there will be a discreet block of text or small image saying that the website was built by Made by Bridge, and this will link back to the Made by Bridge website.
8. Warranty and Liability
- Whilst every effort is made to produce the highest quality work, no guarantee is given that the functions contained in this project will always be error free.
- We cannot be held liable to you, or any third party, for damages - including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages - arising out of the operation of, or inability to, operate this project, even if you have advised of the possibilities of such damages.
- We are happy to correct any errors or omissions brought to our attention within 10 working days of when the project goes live, or when the project is completed, whichever comes first. These issues must be made in writing and if accepted, the work to fix these will be scheduled in.
- For the avoidance of doubt, any requirement that is not specifically itemised in the contract is not included and will not be delivered as part of the project.
- We cannot be held liable for faults, bugs, downtime or damages caused by third parties. This includes web hosting, email provision and/or third party software used on a project.
- Any time we spend dealing with third party issues is billed at our standard hourly rate.
9. Web hosting
- We recommend using our web hosting for our projects but you can you can use your own.
- If using your own web hosting (or web hosting supplied to you by a third party) you should supply all the necessary log in credentials to your web server.
- If using your own web hosting (or web hosting supplied to you by a third party) the server should be set up to our requirements. We use specific website software so the correct server environment is crucial. We will provide our minimum hosting requirements to you.
- If there are any special instructions for using your web server these should be supplied to us along with the login credentials.
- We expect to be able to connect to your web server using standard methods. If any special software or non-standard methods are required this may incur additional costs. We will notify you beforehand if this is the case.
- We expect to be able to install a website using the login credentials and instructions you supply. Any additional time we spend installing the website on your server is billable at our standard hourly rate. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Any server set-up, configuration, administration
- Liaising with third parties
- Testing and bug fixing due to server incompatibility
10. Browser testing
- Browser testing does not mean attempting to make a website look the same in browsers of different capabilities or on devices with different size screens.
- Browser testing does mean ensuring that a user’s experience of a design should be appropriate to the capabilities of a browser or device.
10.1 Desktop browser testing
- We test our work in the latest two non-beta versions of the major desktop browsers – these include those made by Apple (Safari), Google (Chrome), Mozilla (Firefox), and Microsoft (Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge). We won’t test in older browsers unless we specifically say so elsewhere. If you need an enhanced design or need the website testing in an older browser, we can provide a separate estimate for this upon request.
10.2 Mobile browser testing
- We use technologies that should work across a range of mobile devices, and avoid those that don’t (i.e. Flash). Therefore, the websites we build should also work on mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and other smartphones. If you need the website testing on specific mobile devices, then we can provide an estimate for this upon request. Note that this does not include providing a responsive or mobile specific design, which can be quoted for separately if needed.
- You guarantee that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks or other artwork that you provide to us for inclusion in the project are either owned by you, or you have permission to use them.
- Upon receiving the final payment, copyright is automatically assigned as follows:
- You are not authorised to duplicate any of the website system, its front-end code, or its back-end code in any way. This applies to both public and private usage.
- You own the design, graphics and any other assets that we create specifically for this project.
- The copyright of any third party software or assets (such as the CMS, CMS add-ons, scripts, stock photography, or other assets) remains with the third party, but you are licensed to own a copy of and use it on this project.
- Unless otherwise stated, it is the client’s responsibility to purchase any licenses that are needed (if any at all) for this project. If we purchase licenses on behalf of the client, we will manage and hold these for the duration of the project and they are non-transferrable.
- You cannot transfer your contract to anyone else without our permission.
- Your contract stays in place and need not be renewed.
- If any provision of this agreement shall be deemed unlawful, void or, for any reason, unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement, and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
13. Governing law and jurisdiction
- Our contracts are governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, English law; and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.